utorak, 6. siječnja 2015.

Tweaking tools of Linux

Long time no writing here. My last post was about Zorin OS as a perfect platform for effective work. Well I've learned that it is good for beginners, I mean true beginners, not that it isn't good for the others but especially for beginners it is good. You can have windows look and feel and do Linux stuff. But since I wasn't by then able to perform so many tweaks as I can at the moment I was pretty much fascinated by the system itself. However I removed few built-in stuff from my Zorin and performed a few tweaks with the help of Compiz, Tweak Tool and Cairo-dock. Here is my result.


I wanted to get the Mac-look within and pre-installed Docky(dock) wasn't good enough as it was crashing pretty often, I simply installed Cairo dock via Software center(which is actually ubuntu software center). Also I installed Mac-themes for windows, changed fonts of windows and applied them through tweak-tool.
I find it pretty neat and very easy to achieve, no more than 20 minutes were needed for a whole set up.

Here are some more:

note: This can be achieved on any ubuntu-based Linux, anyone interested about it(not sure how to do it) can freely ask about all the steps needed

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar